Saturday, March 28, 2009

The wedding

I am dreaming of the bliss for your togetherness,
grafted into life by a kind hand.
We are no longer looking through the
filtered light but forward enthralled by hope.
When I think of what is to come for you both
I see daisies springing forth into life
from rich soils of community and art.
I see you belonging to a tribe
sustained by living lyrics.
I see the miracle of oneness marked by
a creative and melodic force.
I envision a hedge of protection like a
sheltering canopy of prayers and songs,
always holding you dear and close.
Let the words you share
come from beyond this territory's view,
like a tonic that flows from the throne
and returns to the dwelling place of your hearts.
Hand in hand
may you soar with the swallows into the fullness
of these promised places.
Now it is time now for a new story
and the scroll is a blank page beckoning
you to fill it from the moutaintops.
And here we stand watching as
the gates are flung wide open
for the long and final season of love.

No comments: