Tuesday, September 9, 2008

First Love

I am submerged in a glorious river
floating swiftly in opened posture,
arms and hair flung backward
watching for You on the horizon.

I am travelling directly to
Your heart as You welcome me
beyond this world, to eternal landscapes
encrusted with stunning jewels.

Here there is more light than colour,
more flight than sleep,
more fragrance than wind,
more movement than rapids.

I sink beyond turbulent currents
making room for Your authority.
You invite me to read a new script,
a sonnet of ten fold restoration.

You exchange tears for intimacy,
making lovely even charred dreams.
You paint life into to dark corners
Where You call the wild 'closer still'.

In the warm embrace of this
joyful flow I am undone.
And in the dangers of release,
pursued by my first love again.

1 comment:

Virginia said...

BEAUTIFUL... "more fragrance than wind, more movement than rapids". I like that.