Saturday, September 20, 2008

extravagant

Before me Your light breaks forth
on this city sparkling with spring rain.
Your promises are ensured
in refracted brilliant mist, my rear guard.
I am enthralled that You are here
in the thousand applauding fig leaves,
in the warm wind on my upturned face,
in a word of life from my father
in the laying down of it all.
I delight to discover
Your surprising dwelling place,
Your presence is the call of the wild.
Within your courts You reveal such beauty.
I see a world turned upside down
By the seven tiered waterfall of your love.
I see the battle scrolls plotting revival wave’s courses
I see the freedom coming swiftly,
names and faces removed from four walls.
And what comes through the barrel of the wave
is a bride that knows Your face,
the face she can’t live without gazing upon,
the eyes that evaporate iniquity,
that shake and revive a tired earth to dance
and return a song that is pleasing to Your ear.

2 comments:

Virginia said...

Beauteous, my love. I love the image of city sparkling with rain or the applauding fig leaves. Perfect.

I am GLAD you got our package. I love you and miss you more than I can ever say.

Gin
www.ginmiller.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

wow Kristy... very powerful words!
I got goose bumps when I read that.

Ruth