Wednesday, August 20, 2008

I have known you dear
through seasons of many colours,
the brightest near to you.
These hues crafted by a greater hand
visible beyond the distance.

I am easily mixed into your exuberance
so happily drawn by your side
that the missing is next only to the
gratitude that I have known you at all.

Arise beautiful one to dance into
the images that until now
were only hung in the gallery,
and published on the page.

We will reflect on the colours that
have passed with new sight,
praising the hand that painted us
together on this canvas for this time.

I have known you dear
and will know to the end,
where we will be painted in pure gold
for the last new beginning.

2 comments:

artie said...

your beautiful words fill my heart

Virginia said...

I remember this one in particular... we missed you that weekend so much.